Have you made a feature or short film that just does not fit into the mainstream multiplex theatre? If you have and if your film has not screened in Saskatoon then you should be sending it in for submission as soon as possible. While not a straight up genre festival we do have a strong genre bent to the films which will be selected. We like to feel that we are a cross between a straight up genre festival and an underground film festival.
Please note we tend to not screen experimental films.
Submissions are only accepted through FilmFreeway.com.
Short Films must be under 20 minutes in length.
Feature Films must be over 60 minutes in length.
- Early Bird Film Submissions January 9th, 2017 – March 31st, 2017 Short– $5, Feature – $10
- Regular Film Submissions April 1st, 2017 – August 14th, 2017 Short– $10, Feature – $15
- Late Film Submissions August 15th, 2017 – September 15th, 2017 Short– $15, Feature – $20
- September 15th, 2017 – Announcement Date to filmmakers
- October 15th, 2017 – Official Line up announced to Audience
- Eight Annual Festival November 15th, 2017 – November 18th 22nd, 2017
Benefit of Submitting
- Each and every submission will be watched and will be considered for the festival.
- If chosen your film will be screened before the fans in Saskatoon. We may not be the largest festival or have the largest audience but we care about your film and the audience also cares.
- We will do everything possible to make the screening a success.
- We have a limited budget to assist film makers in traveling to the festival. The festival organizers will work with the film makers to assist in travel costs if at all possible.
- Each and every film will be provided with time for a Q&A session. This includes both feature and short films.
- All film submitters should be contacted as to whether there film is chosen to play at the 6th annual festival by August 31st, 2015.
- This film has not screened to a public audience in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
- This film or video is not subject to any litigation nor is threatened by any litigation.
- I am duly authorized to submit this film to the festival.
- I hold the Saskatoon Fantastic Film Festival harmless from any damage to the print(s), tape(s) or disc(s) en route or otherwise during the course of the festival’s possession of the film.
- I hold the Saskatoon Fantastic Film Festival, its owners, management, juries, subsidiaries, agents, sponsors, affiliates, and etc. harmless from any and all claims of liability resulting from my entry.
- I certify that I have full rights to the use of the music in the entered work.
- I give permission for the Saskatoon Fantastic Film Festival to use stills, titles, copy, and/or information from the short for promotional purposes
- I give permission for the Saskatoon Fantastic Film Festival to screen the film at the Festival as well as any Festival presentations, programs, and/or events.